VOLUME VI, ISSUE III
It looks like Fall is finally here and before you know it, the temperature will be dropping and the Holidays will be here! Our classes are in full swing and we have a lot going on during November and December as we’re sure you all have too! You won’t want to miss Family Hip Hop Night, special outings, Holly Jolly Follies, our AADBK Santa Boutique and much more! To keep up to date and well informed please be sure to check out our NEW website (allaboutdancebykristen.com), check out our informative bulletin boards, newsletters, emails, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! As always, if you have questions please call or ask at the courtesy desk!
All About Dance Presents:
Movie Night “Out”
“Irving Berlin’s Holiday Inn: The Broadway Musical“
Live Stream Presented by Fathom Events at
Hudson Regal Cinemas on
Thursday, November 16th @ 7:30 pm
Come and support our very own ShowBiz Kids and
Friends for their Holiday Performances!
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26 – 2:00 PM
SUMMIT MALL (FOOD COURT)
3265 WEST MARKET STREET
FAIRLAWN, OH 44333
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2 – 3:00 PM
BROOKDALE OF STOW
5511 FISHCREEK ROAD
STOW, OH 44224
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9 – 3:00 PM
STOW GLEN NURSING HOME
4285 KENT ROAD
STOW, OH 44224
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10 – 1:30 PM
ANNA MARIA OF AURORA
889 NORTH AURORA ROAD
AURORA, OH 44202
Join us for our 2 Holiday MOVIE NIGHT “IN” days!
Wednesday, November 22
“Alvin’s Thanksgiving Celebration”
Sunday, December 10
$5.00 includes popcorn, pop and sweets! Bring your sleeping bag and pillow and bring your friends!!
(Please, no outside food or drinks.)
PLEASE HELP SUPPORT OUR TOYS FOR TOTS CAMPAIGN
Once again we are accepting donations of new and unwrapped toys for our Toys for Tots drive. Please drop toys in the box in the airlock of our studio entrance. Please, no clothes, stuffed animals, realistic weapons or religious items. THANK YOU!!!!
WINGMAN FOR DANCE
November: “Us Lists”
We continue this month with our year long WINGMAN FOR DANCE values project. We continue to promote the Core Values this month with our November project, the “Us List”. Each class will create their own “Us List” of positive behaviors and attitudes that will determine the kind of dance year they wish to have as a class! With guidance from their teachers, students will work together on their “Us List” which will make dance class more accepting, supportive and inclusive for all involved! Once completed, the “Us Lists” will be posted for parents to see and discuss with their dancer!
A reminder that a $75.00 costume deposit for each dance subject taken is due to the AADBK Office by Monday, November 13th.
A late fee will be posted beginning Monday, November 20th.
(It is imperative to have costume deposits and measurements at this time so that we may allow enough time for orders to be placed and filled in time for our June recital.) THANK YOU!
We will be taking costume measurements soon!
Very soon we will be measuring each student participating in our June recital for their costumes!
**We order costumes from costume companies based on your child’s measurements. We do not have control on how costumes are sized and made. Therefore, upon receiving your costume, you may need to have alterations done. If costume is extremely too large or small, we will do our very best to obtain a different size. However, this is not always possible.**
If you would rather measure your child yourself, please inform our office staff. If there is a particular size you want us to order, please inform us of that as well. We will need Bust/Chest, Waist, Hips and Girth, the Girth being the most important. For boys, please give us inseam and out seam. Do not forget to allow extra room for students that are still growing!
BRING A FRIEND TO DANCE
SHOW YOUR DANCE STUDIO OFF TO YOUR FRIENDS!
Bring one friend per class January 15th-20th and CELEBRATE DANCE AND FRIENDSHIP!
Any friend that registers for a class will receive free registration ~ a $30.00 value!
JANUARY 15TH – 20TH
Mark Your Calendar for Important
November & December Dates
- Not Participating in Recital” note due to office: Wednesday, November 1st
- Movie Night “Out” reservations due by: Thursday, November 9th
- Show Your True Colors: Wednesday, November 1st-Tuesay, November 7th
- Vendor Fair: Sunday, November 5th from 4-6:30pm
- Family Hip Hop Night: Sunday, November 5th from 6:00-7:30pm
- November Movie Night “In”: Wednesday, November 22 from 6:00-7:30pm
- November Cecchetti Workshop: Sunday, November 12th-various times
- Costume Deposits due: Monday, November 13th
- December Tuition due: Wednesday, November 15th
- Movie Night “Out”: Thursday, November 16th @ 7:30 pm; Hudson Regal Cinemas
- Costume Deposit Late charges applied November 20th
- Thanksgiving Break: Tuesday, November 21st-Saturday, November 25th
- AADBK Santa Shop Boutique orders due: Wednesday, November 22nd
- Show Your True Colors: Friday, December 1st-Thursday, December 7th
- December Cecchetti Workshop: Sunday, December 3rd-various times
- Holly Jolly Follies Week: Tuesday, December 12th-Monday, December 18th
- January Tuition due: Friday, December 15th
- December Movie Night “In”: Sunday, December 10th from 2:00-4:00pm
- Holiday Break: Tuesday, December 19th-Monday, January 1, 2018 (class resumes Jan. 2nd)
AADBK is proud to support Akron Children’s Hospital & Project Ed Bear in their fight against childhood Cancer through their ‘Bear Hugs’ Campaign.
Here’s how it works:
- Hugs are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00.
- Don’t forget to ask your friends and family!
- Leave a note, draw a picture or just sign your name on the Project Ed Bear, Bear Hugs paper chains!
- Each HUG will be delivered as a chain to the oncology floor throughout the year to brighten the children’s day!
- Top Seller Wins the Bear Hugs Teddy Bear on display at our studio!
- All money and Bear Hugs are due back to AADBK by November 15th!
- Each Hug Counts! Stop by the courtesy desk to pick up your bear hugs!
Tues., November 21-Sat., November25th
Classes resume: Monday, November 27th
Tues., December 19th-Mon., January 1
Classes resume: Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Back by Poplar Demand!
Deadline to order for Christmas delivery is
Monday, November 27th!
(All sales go to Intensive Team General Fund)